Before you travel
1. Allow plenty of time to get the documentation required (e.g. visa) before youtravel.
2.Leave details of your travel plans (e.g. arrivals, departures, hotels, etc) with peoplethat you trust.
3.Make sure you have to required vaccinations for the country(s) you will be visiting.
4. Have additional funds (monies) set apart in case of an emergency.
5. Take with you contact details of your country embassy, consulate of the country(s) you will be visiting abroad.
6. If going overseas, register your name with your local department of foreign affairs incase of an emergency you can be located.
7. Do not place money, documents or item of valuables in checked-in luggage.
8. Try not to travel with too much cash. Use travellers cheques, Credit cards, debits cards Or ATM cards.
During your Journey
1. Never leave your luggage(s) unattended.
2. Always carry your passport and travel documents with you in your handbag.
3. Use comfortable clothing
4. Make sure you get up your seat and walk around in the cabin to avoid deep vein thrombosis (DVT) symptoms.
Once you Arrive
1. Be aware of your surroundings.
2. If you travelling overseas, obey the country(s) you visiting laws.
3. Keep your documents and valuables in a safe place.
4. Donít always carry all your cash or cards with you. If staying in a hotel or hostels, leave some of your cash or cards in a hotel safe that way you donít lose everything if you loose your wallet or if your wallet get stolen.
5. Practice common sense. If something is to good to be true it probably is and if something does no make sense it probably does not. Trust your instincts.