An adventurous spirit might want you to make all plans at the drop of the hat, however it can become exceedingly inconvenient if one comes across
unexpected situations in a new country and does not know how to deal with them. Situations like emergency medical expenditure; inappropriate accommodations etc. can
ruin your vacations. They can
also bloat up the travel budget with the expenditure being incurred on unwanted scenarios. This article will advise you of things to bear in mind whenever you plan to travel abroad. Simple hints and tips here will save
a lot of effort and inconvenience.
1. If you are planning to visit a country for the first time, then do not just go by what the tourism websites tell you. Most of the content of such descriptive websites is just to
get your attention. More often than not, such content
has been written to attract your attention and make you opt for the first travel partner that you come across (which in most cases are the writers themselves). Such descriptive matter does not include the list of things that
you do not have to plan for. So the first tip is to choose your travel partners carefully.
Travelling partners is a technical term for the agency which plans the trip for you. The task of such agencies starts from the point when you
exhibit your interest in travelling abroad. They let you know the pros and the cons of your intended destination; prepare a travel itinerary and offer you comprehensive assistance when you are at your destination.
2. Make sure that the travel itinerary is detailed and includes all information on daily activities along with a schedule. Always clarify whether the activities you intend to participate in involve a group or just you and your fellow
travellers. One must be aware of the activity partner (if different) during the trip so that there are no surprises when the destination is reached. A lot of disputes arise because of assumptions by
travellers on a piece of information that the travel company does not reveal.
3. Always check with your insurance company whether your medical insurance coverage applies when you are
travelling abroad. Most of the times, travellers forget to seek this option and blindly take up a new insurance plan. That always is an option in case the current insurance cover is not applicable overseas.
4. Before leaving, you must make sure that copies of the travel itinerary are left with family or friends so that you can be reached in case of emergencies. Similarly, always remember to fill in the emergency contact form page on the passport.
Such simple procedures come in handy in emergency or contingency. Senior travel itineraries have many other provisions which senior
travellers (especially) can avail and must be aware of.
5. A good travel partner will always inform of the DO NOT along with the rules and regulations of your destination country. This way you will not unknowingly face any concerns. Check up on the areas where the crime rate is high and seek advice on which ones to avoid. A little precaution can help you a long way. For example, vehicles are right handed and driven on the left side of the road in London. This information will always be beneficial for someone who intends to drive there. In case they are not comfortable, alternate travel arrangements can be made. Pay heed to everything that your travel agent tells you.
6. Always check with your travel partner about the form of currency which is best for your destination. For example,
travellers checks though are popular, yet are not accepted everywhere. Always have source draw cash from in case of emergencies. Most of the travel agencies give you numerous options. Travel light but keep the money accessible.
7. Before you leave make sure that you are aware of any disease outbreaks at your destination. If there are, it is advised that you weigh your options to go there or not. Similarly, make sure that you have received inoculation for any disease native to that country. A simple precaution will ensure that your travel plans are not jeopardized. It is not an appetizing thought to be sick on your vacation.
8. A good activity companion will not just tell you about what all can you do at your destination but also will show you photographs and videos. This is one of the best ways to establish whether or not one needs to participate in those activities/visit those places. Accordingly your itinerary can be modified. You can also look for videos and photographs on the internet, but make sure that the source is reliable.
If you bear these factors in mind before travelling, nothing can stop your trip from being exemplary and memorable.